Monday, August 17, 2009

Of Malay Weddings

Salam all,

I was very excited once I knew I'm coming home for good. Even more excited, when I was invited to friends' weddings. However, husband and I only managed to attend 3 wedding receptions. Those 3 receptions were Eliza's-Ziham's and Ruzain's-Ainul's, both bride and groom and sides. Eliza's reception was held at Renaissance Hotel, Kota Bharu. I was a bit overwhelmed since the event was held at my birthplace and my aunt and uncle were invited too. The venue was more than perfect. It was beautifully decorated in innocent white just like what I've been dreaming of. Sigh. My pelamin turned peach-white when I asked for true white. Whatever it was, I am still happy to be married. Alhamdulillah.

Ok, let's move to what-to-wear as a guest. Since I was small, I remembered when it comes to wedding my mother always busy looking for new baju kurung as if like her own wedding. Well, what's the difference with me, her daughter ;). I tell you, the difference is I like to "recycle" my existing baju kurung/kebaya. I am not kind of person who likes to buy and spend. This time, I simply took my most glamourous baju which is my baju nikah and wore it at Ruzain's reception. Actually, it was my 3rd time wearing it. Unfortunately, my body size is now bigger than the baju. Come on, it has been 2 happy years, of course I've gained some weight and extra fats. So, I sent my favourite baju nikah for some alterations. However, I was a bit stupid, didn't realised the kain has to be altered too. Then, it was too late already. Sigh. After that, I made some efforts and dragged my mom to search for ready made kain sarung to match my baju nikah. Just the day before the event at night, I found one. Thank God for granting my needs hehehe. Ops. thanks to mom too, you're superb!! I was so delighted that until now I still can wear my baju nikah. Now, I don't feel guilty anymore for spending RM500+ for the lace and satin 2 years ago, it was worthy. I didn't regret too for choosing light green because I wanted it to be practical for long-lasting wear. (But, kesian pulak my husband 'cos he hates his green baju melayu).



Left: At Ruzain's and Ainul's Reception, Dewan Perdana Felda.
Right: Me and Husband at Outdoor Shooting after Akad Nikah on 31st August 2008.



At Ainul's reception, Bachok, Kelantan. I was wearing my sister's baju kurung pesak, a hand-over.



From Left; Uncle, Aunt, Mom, Me. At Eliza's and Ziham's reception, Renaissance, Kota Bharu.
I was wearing last year's baju raya. Bought in Kemaman, Trg for less than RM80 sepasang.

I grabbed this oppurtunity to congratulate Eliza-Ziham, Ruzain-Ainul, and Mahirah-Arif Fahmi( sorry tak berkesempatan datang wedding korang). Hopefully, your "baitul-muslim" remains forever and cherished by Allah's blessings. Thanks for the invitations.

Style Tips: Baju kurung/kebaya plain or bercorak geometri or tidak terlalu berbunga amatlah sesuai untuk dipakai di majlis-majlis kahwin yang beretika dan formal. Where as, baju with lace and sequinns are perfect for night events.

With Love,
Fadzie.

3 comments:

  1. salam Fadzie,

    nampak comey..kat semua gambar :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindah!!Selamat menyambut ramadhan. Dah beli/tempah baju raya??=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. selamat menyambut ramdhan al-mubarak jugak.Alhamdullilah, tahun ini mak n MIL bagi baju raya..jadik adalah baju raya baru. Berbanding last year, pakai baju recycle jer..hehehehehe..beginilah kalau beraya diperantaun. Fadzie pulak ada bepa baju raya?..mesti banyak..sebab kat Msia banyak pilihan dan lawa2 :D

    ReplyDelete